home about contact recipe index faqs

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Low-Fat Pineapple Salsa Chicken

Looking for an easy no-fail dinner that tastes amazing? This is it! And when I say easy, I mean I think my dog could probably make this. He might eat the entire dish before we got to it, but still. This is easy peasy!

I wish I could take credit for this great recipe, but it comes from the wonderful Gracious Pantry. I made some very slight adjustments, but really, it's her recipe. I just had to share it with all of you because it's perfect for those crazy days when you're pretty sure it will be a drive-thru night. This is faster ... and a lot healthier too.


Pineapple Salsa Chicken
8 SERVINGS 
PREP: 5 minutes           COOK: 4-6 1/2 hours            READY IN: 4-6 1/2 hours


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 16 oz. jar of salsa (I used El Pinto Mild Salsa)
  • 1 cup of cubed pineapple 
  • 2 medium zucchinis, halved and quartered

DIRECTIONS


  1. Turn your crockpot to low, place the 4 chicken breasts at the bottom. Pour the jar of salsa on top. Cook 4-6 hours, or until chicken is falling apart easily.
  2. Add the pineapple and zucchini and cook for 30 more minutes. 
  3. Shred the chicken and serve.

NUTRITION FACTS



    1/2 chicken breast with 2 zucchini wedges serving    136 calories   2.6g fat   7.9g carbs    23.4g protein    4.6g sugar   

Enjoy!
Recipe from Gracious Pantry.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...