home about contact recipe index faqs

Monday, October 14, 2013

"Crunchy" French Toast

Breakfast has never been my strong suit. I'm always pushing snooze, until I have to rush to get ready - and run out the door without eating something. Realizing this is extremely unhealthy, besides making me drag throughout the entire day, I try my best to discover breakfast ideas that I just can't resist. This is one of those that I would wake up early for. A delightful french toast coated with cereal adds a little more flavor and gives it a "crunch" that will get you out of bed and excited to start the day!


"Crunchy" French Toast
4 SERVINGS 
PREP: 5 minutes           COOK:10 minutes            READY IN: 15 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 3 eggs
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 8 slices bread
  • 1 cup cereal of choice (I prefer Special K Fruit and Yogurt, but Cinnamon Life is good too)

DIRECTIONS


  1. Beat egg in shallow bowl. Add milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. 
  2. In a separate shallow bowl, crush cereal into small pieces. 
  3. Place bread in egg mixture, coating both sides, followed by the cereal mixture.
  4. Bake on medium-low heated griddle. Add desired toppings.

NUTRITION FACTS



    2 pieces of bread    158 calories   5 g fat  20.7 g carbs    7.5 g protein    6.6 g sugar   

Enjoy!
Linking up here

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...