home about contact recipe index faqs

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Indulgence Moment: Cake Mix Oreos


Oreos bring out my sweet tooth like no other food. I just can't stop. Especially when I dip it in peanut butter and soak it in milk, just how they do it on "The Parent Trap." Best idea ever. However, I feel like I'm piling up the calories just thinking about them, so I hardly let my sweet tooth get the best of me. I was really craving oreos one night but I didn't have the energy to go shopping, so I decided to whip some up in the kitchen. This recipe makes a nice crisp cookie and the filling is addicting! I ended up having to give some away so I wouldn't eat them all! These will be a hit at any party... or a Friday night home alone.


Cake Mix Oreos
Makes roughly 16 cookies 
PREP: 10 minutes           COOK: 8 minutes            READY IN: 18 minutes

  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS

COOKIE:
  • 1 package devil's food cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
FILLING:
  • 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS


  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. 
  2. Add oil and eggs to cake mix and mix together until well blended. It will be pretty thick, so I just used a wooden spoon.
  3. Roll the batter into balls about the size of a quarter and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. 
  4. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the cookie sheet until just warm. Carefully move cookies to a cooling rack.
  5. Prepare vanilla filling by creaming butter and shortening together. Mix in vanilla. Add sugar slowly while mixing until you reach your desired consistency. 
  6. Assemble cookies by placing about a tablespoon of filling in the center of a cookie (I used a ziplock bag with a small hole cut on the corner to pipe them onto the cookies) and top with another cookie of similar size. Press down slightly on the filling to make sure the cookie sets. 
  7. Continue previous step until all cookies have been filled. 

NUTRITION FACTS



    1 cookie    312 calories   17.2g fat  38.8g carbs   1.9g protein   28g sugar   

Indulge and smile!
Recipe adapted from Mommy's Kitchen

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...