home about contact recipe index faqs

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Baked Salmon


I'm not a big camper because I'm afraid of the dark---yes, even in my twenties--and I let my mind wander to the point where I'm convinced something will in fact get me through the tent. I just know that it would simply be an annoyance for any bear coming after me ... it would just slow them down and they would get through it one way or another. Needless to say, we don't camp unless I have a trailer, which means ... we don't camp. But, I adore the idea of gathering around the cozy fire with tin foil dinners cooking in the crackling fire as I'm wrapped in a blanket cuddled up to my sweetheart. This dinner brings that campfire taste to the comfort (and safety!) of my own kitchen. We eat this at least a few times a month and I still get requests for it, so I can't be the only one who thinks it's good!


Baked Salmon
2 SERVINGS 
PREP: 5 minutes           COOK: 60 minutes           READY IN: 65 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 2 pieces of 7 to 8 oz salmon, skinned and boneless (I get mine from Costco)
  • 2 tablespoon fat free mayonnaise 
  • sea salt

DIRECTIONS


  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
  2. Cut pieces of tin foil (one per salmon) large enough to cover the entire fillet.
  3. Place each individual salmon on its foil. 
  4. Spread about 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each salmon. You want enough to do a thin layer on the top of the salmon so you might need to add or remove the mayo depending on the size of fillet you have. Sprinkle with sea salt. 
  5. Cover the salmon and place on a cookie sheet. 
  6. Let it cook for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 30 minutes. You might need to adjust the time depending on your size, so check it every 10 minutes or so for the last 20 minutes of the cooking time. 

NUTRITION FACTS



    1 cooked fillet    414 calories  24.7g fat  1g carbs   43.9g protein   0.5g sugar   

Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from fit2fat2fit.com

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...