home about contact recipe index faqs

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Holiday Fruit Cocktail

I love family traditions. Growing up, I was lucky enough to live by both sets of grandparents and it was always a big party for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Every year we'd have our fruit cocktail before any of the main course was served. It just wouldn't be the same without it. I can't describe it other than yummy. This is one of the only times I'll give in and drink soda, and I have yet to regret it. I hope you all enjoy my coveted drink.


Holiday Fruit Cocktail
12 SERVINGS 
PREP: 5 minutes           FREEZE: at least 4 hours           READY IN: roughly 4 hours 

  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 12 oz. frozen or fresh raspberries
  • 12 oz. frozen of fresh blackberries
  • 3 kiwis, peeled and diced
  • water
  • 20 oz. bottle of 7-up, Sprite or Ginger Ale. (I used sprite)

DIRECTIONS

  1.  In a 9x13-inch pan pour in raspberries, blackberries, and kiwis. Combine. 
  2. Add in water, about 1/2 cup, just enough to cover the berries so that they will freeze together. 
  3. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours. 
  4. When ready to serve, cut into squares and place in a cocktail glass. 
  5. Pour Sprite over the fruit squares. 
  6. Serve with spoon and enjoy!

NUTRITION FACTS



   1 serving   83 calories  1g fat  20g carbs   1g protein   12g sugar   

Enjoy!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...