home about contact recipe index faqs

Friday, December 20, 2013

Walnut Name Tag Holders for Your Holiday Place Settings

It's that time again where you may be preparing for yet another holiday feast. And if you're anything like me, I love a good excuse to fancy up the place settings. When I was younger, my sisters and I would always looks forward to making name tags for all the big holiday dinners. We had a walnut tree in the backyard, so it was fun to pick the walnuts and get a little crafty for our place settings. I've been using them ever since and I adore the finished look. This is so easy and almost effortless to make, I finished it in one nap time--which with my baby isn't long at all. Here's a peak of what they look like- perfect for Christmas, Hanukkah, or New Year's!

Here's the step-by-step on how to make Walnut Name Tag Holders for your holiday place settings:

  1. Get a bag of walnuts from your local grocery store
  2. Find a side where the walnut sits nicely. GENTLY hammer along the seam to where there's a little crack, it only needs to be large enough to slip your name tag in. 
  3. Spray paint your walnut any color your heart desires.
  4. Cut your tags to desired size. Mine are about 3"x4".
  5. If you like the spray paint and glitter look I took a small paper plate and turned it upside down so the part I wanted to be sprayed was showing on my tag. 
  6. Pressing the plate down I sprayed the top of my tag. 
  7. While the spray is still wet, sprinkle your glitter on it. Some of my glitter wasn't sticking too good so I also sprayed some spray adhesive on it and that worked great. Glue sticks will also work, I just didn't have that on hand. 

Try them out at your next party. Feel free to send us your photos as well, we'd love to see what you've come up with! You can see how versatile walnuts can be... below is a look at how we took the "natural" look of the walnut paired with this cute printable from make it create for Thanksgiving.


(Recognize Kaitlyn's awesome Magleby's copycat rolls from this morning's post? They're a family favorite! :)

**** Don't forget about our giveaway!! Ends today at midnight EST. ****

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...