home about contact recipe index faqs

Monday, February 3, 2014

Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't know if I've admitted this yet - but I'm addicted to sugar. My family knows it, my friends know it, my work knows it... okay, and I'm pretty sure all our readers know it too! I'm pretty much  known as the "sugar queen." And I realize this isn't the healthiest addiction - so I try my best to find sweet things that can pass for semi-healthy too.

Well, these banana chocolate chip cookies satisfy my sugar craving - but don't do me in on the sugar content. They are easy to make and super yummy - and only have 4.4 g of sugar per serving!! This is my kind of cookie people.


Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
30 SERVINGS 
PREP: 15 minutes           COOK: 15 minutes            READY IN: 30 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 2 1/3 cups quick oats (If using whole oats, put them in a food processor or blender for a few seconds to finely chop them up)
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS


  1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix either with a spatula or hand mixer. Make sure all ingredients are thoroughly combined. It will be sticky.
  3. On a greased cookie sheet, drop about 3 tablespoons worth of cookie dough for each cookie. The dough will not spread or rise, so flatten the cookies to your desired shape. 
  4. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until slightly brown. You don't want to overcook the cookies because they will dry out. 

NUTRITION FACTS



    1 cookie    99 calories   5.3 g fat   10.7 g carbs    3.2 g protein    4.4 g sugar   

Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Sallys Baking Addiction

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...