home about contact recipe index faqs

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am always trying to perfect different types of cookies in the kitchen. And to help myself not feel to guilty about cooking up goodies, I try to make them as healthy as I can. And great news, I made THE PERFECT HEALTHY COOKIE!!!

I've tried about everything, and I've failed an awful lot. Trying to use no oil or refined sugar really makes things tough! I've tried substituting applesauce for the oil, but it often times makes cookies way too moist. I've tried putting yogurt in cookies, but sometimes it leaves a bad after taste. I've even tried melting down coconut oil and putting it in my cookies, but depending on the flavor I'm going for, it doesn't work all the time. Anyways, I'm here to tell you, I'm made a darn good cookie. I approve, and more importantly, so do my kids (and my husband!). It seriously won all of us over!!! It doesn't have flour, oil or refined sugar (and only a teaspoon of honey!!! so most of the sweetness comes from the natural ingredients). ***Please note that I do live in high altitude so I would suggest starting out with a little less oats than I did, unless you want a more dense cookie.


Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
30 SERVINGS 
PREP: 15 minutes           COOK: 15-20 minutes            READY IN: 30-35 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 4 cups of rolled oats
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS


  1. Preheat oven to 350º.
  2. Take the rolled oats and grind them up in your food processor (or use oat flour if you want, but the measurement will most likely be different).
  3. In a mixer, combine the ripe bananas, eggs, and milk until combined.
  4. Add the ground rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, peanut butter, and honey. Combine until all mixed together. The dough will not be completely stiff, it's more the consistency of a muffin mix. 
  5. Add the the chocolate chips and mix together.
  6. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper, and place the cookies on the sheet (I used a cookies scooper to put on my cookie sheets).
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, let cool and enjoy!

NUTRITION FACTS



    1 cookie    77 calories   2.3g fat   12.3g carbs    2.2g protein    3.2g sugar   

Enjoy!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...