home about contact recipe index faqs

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Grilled Pineapple

We've been firing up the grill a lot lately (HELLO SPRING!!) and it's been fun to mix things up in the kitchen with dinners we haven't had in a while. There are just some things that don't taste the same on a George Foreman as compared to an actual grill. Am I right? Or am I right? :)

I don't know if you've ever been to a Brazilian restaurant like Tucano's or Rodizio Grill, but their food is amazing. They have amazing meats and everything is always delicious. One of my favorite foods they serve is their grilled pineapple. By grilling it, it brings out the sweetness of the pineapple even more and it tastes like candy. It's incredible! So I thought I'd give it a shot at home and see if I could replicate their yumminess and I think I succeeded! You'll have to give it a try and let me know what you think.


Grilled Pineapple
8 SERVINGS 
PREP: 10 minutes           COOK: 10 minutes            READY IN: 20 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 1 ripe pineapple
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon

DIRECTIONS


  1. Fire up the grill to medium heat.
  2. Cut the skin away from the pineapple. Slice into about 1/2"-3/4" sections. Core the middle of the pineapple slices (I just used a pairing knife to do this so don't worry if you don't have a corer.)
  3. In a small dish, mix together the olive oil, honey and cinnamon. 
  4. Brush the mixture on one side of the pineapple, and put that side down on the grill.
  5. Brush the mixture on the other side and let it cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 more minutes and serve immediately.

NUTRITION FACTS



    1 serving    39 calories   1.8g fat   6.4g carbs    .2g protein    4.8g sugar   

Enjoy!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...