home about contact recipe index faqs

Monday, March 31, 2014

Greek Yogurt Crispy Chicken

Let me start off by saying 1. this recipe only has 4 ingredients (that are common household ingredients) and 2. Its under 300 calories. I don't even need to go on, that right there makes this dish a winner.

I've had the usual baked chicken with either ranch or cream of chicken soup and cheese but those just aren't helping my body get swimsuit ready, so I made my own version and it is nothing short of delicious! Sometimes I like to think I'm on chopped and have to combine what little ingredients I have to make a delicious meal, which resulted in my greek yogurt chicken dish. I think the thing that makes this dish is the multi-grain tortilla chip coating. Have you tried those? We love them and they are SO much better for you than regular chips or crackers. It made the perfect crispy and healthier crust that I was looking for.


Greek Yogurt Crispy Chicken
2 SERVINGS 
PREP: 10 minutes           COOK: 45min up to 1 hr            READY IN: 55 minutes

  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 2 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast (thawed or frozen)
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon ranch dressing dry mix (regular or spicy)
  • 1 cup crushed multi-grain tortilla chips (I used Food Should Taste Good, you can purchase at Costco)

DIRECTIONS


  1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ. 
  2. Mix Greek yogurt and ranch mix together.  
  3. Cover both sides of chicken with yogurt and ranch combination. 
  4. Place chicken in crushed tortillas and cover both sides. 
  5. In a greased baking dish, cook chicken in oven for 30 minutes (if thawed) or 45 minutes to 1 hour (if frozen) depending on the thickness of chicken breast. 

NUTRITION FACTS



   1 serving    299 calories   8g fat   24g carbs   35g protein   4g sugar   

Enjoy!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...