home about contact recipe index faqs

Friday, March 21, 2014

Apple Chips

To go along with this month's Healthy Habits Challenge of eating REAL FOOD, I wanted to try making Apple Chips, which have been on my list for quite sometime. These are not hard to make at all so I'm not quite sure why I've put them off this long. Especially since my children really, really like them. The hardest part is making the time to let them bake in the oven for an hour. Which shouldn't be hard, but planning ahead just isn't my forté. :)

Warning: These will make your house smell delicious!


Apple Chips
2 SERVINGS 
PREP: 5 minutes           COOK: 60 minutes            READY IN: 65 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 1 apple (I tried granny smith and gala and I kind of like the tart better) 
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon

DIRECTIONS


  1. Preheat oven to 275º.
  2. If you have a madolin slicer, slice the apple using that. I didn't so I just did thin slices by hand with a paring knife. I was worried I wouldn't be able to make them thin enough, but I did and it wasn't hard so you can totally do this!
  3. Remove all the seeds. (You can core the apple if you want, but I didn't).
  4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  
  5. Lay out the apples so they don't overlap. I fit about 1 medium-large apple per baking sheet.
  6. Sprinkle the apple with cinnamon. Turn the apples over and sprinkler with cinnamon again.
  7. Bake apples for an hour. Let them cool and enjoy!

NUTRITION FACTS



    1/2 apple    56 calories   0g fat   15.3g carbs    .1g protein    9.5g sugar   

Enjoy!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...