home about contact recipe index faqs

Monday, January 6, 2014

Strawberry Banana Breakfast Smoothie

I'm sick. The on again, off again runny/stuffy nose, pounding head, sore sore throat kind of sick. And let me tell you - it's getting pretty old. I keep reminding myself of Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail - tissues all over the house, still in pajamas mid-day, still in bed mid-day - and not wanting to accept flowers from anybody! (okay... maybe not that extreme, but still.)

So to state the obvious - my post is definitely an easy, quick, go-to remedy for any sore throat. This breakfast smoothie can be altered in many different ways - add a little spinach to make it a green smoothie, add any kind of fruit, juice, protein powder - do what you want to make this "your" go-to breakfast smoothie. I know I'm going to be making it long after I'm feeling 100% again!


Strawberry Banana Breakfast Smoothie
2 SERVINGS 
PREP: 5 minutes           COOK: 0 minutes            READY IN: 5 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 8 whole strawberries (frozen or thawed)
  • 1 medium banana (frozen or thawed)
  • 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1 1/4 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats

DIRECTIONS


  1. Mix ingredients in blender until smooth. Add more or less milk, depending on desired consistency.

NUTRITION FACTS



     1 cup serving    276 calories   4.8 g fat   50.2 g carbs    10.2 g protein    23.9 g sugar   

Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...