home about contact recipe index faqs

Monday, January 27, 2014

Berry Chia Shake

You may be hearing about chia seeds a lot lately, and maybe you've even tried them. I recently gave them a try when I spotted them in the bulk foods section of my grocery store. Instead of committing to an entire bag, I wanted to give them a test run first. Chia seeds are full of omega-3s, antioxidants, and fiber. It's been called a superfood and it's great for our bodies!

For my first spin with the chia seeds, I made this shake. It was delicious and I've found myself drinking it at lunch, adding a little protein for an after workout shake, or a mid-afternoon snack. It's easy to make and my kids even love it! Now if I can just figure out a way to freeze it and send it in my son's lunch. The chia seeds tend to get a little soggy. I recommend making this fresh, and drinking it fresh. :)


Berry Chia Shake
2 SERVINGS 
PREP: 1 minute           BLEND: 1 minute            READY IN: 2 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 cup frozen berries (I used a mixture of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, but you can use whatever you have on hand.)
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 teaspoon honey

DIRECTIONS


  1. In a blender add all the ingredients and blend until smooth. 
  2. Serve in a glass and enjoy!

NUTRITION FACTS



    1 cup serving    75 calories   2.8g fat   13.4g carbs    1.7g protein    7.9g sugar   

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...