home about contact recipe index faqs

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

BBQ Sloppy Joes

As mentioned in our "About Us" section, you can see that under my paragraph - I'm all about fast and easy meals. I really do enjoy cooking, but I've realized that I just don't have the patience to stand in the kitchen for hours. I get a little bit antsy. Instead, my recipes are geared toward being kid (and husband) friendly, making my life more enjoyable and giving myself more time to return to the exciting stuff. Like my homework.

These BBQ Sloppy Joes fall right in that category. Super easy. Super fast. And let me tell you - when you add in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce - this recipe is super delicious! (Just between me and you - I could drink that stuff. But don't worry, I'm perfectly normal and don't secretly do that...) Obviously sloppy joes are a pretty straight forward recipe - I favor this one because of the sweet BBQ flavor and they are much easier and cleaner to eat. So, step away from your everyday sloppy joe recipe - and try this tasty alternative!




BBQ Sloppy Joes
4 SERVINGS 
PREP: 10 minutes           COOK: 20 minutes            READY IN: 30 minutes

  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is our highly recommended BBQ sauce)
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • Bread

DIRECTIONS


  1. Brown ground beef in large skillet until no longer pink; about 10 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
  2. Stir in tomatoes, ketchup, barbecue sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
  3. Serve ground beef mixture on top of sliced bread. Top with cheese.

NUTRITION FACTS



     1 cup serving (without bread)    308 calories   11.4 g fat    24.7 g carbs     26.7 g protein 22.1 g sugar   

Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from SouthernLiving

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...