home about contact recipe index faqs

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Apple Bites


Swimsuit season is right around the corner people! I've definitely procrastinated so its time to hit the gym hard (like the PTFTriathalon) and eat extra healthy. But is it just me or does everything I look at turn into one giant chocolate fountain or candy bar? It's a problem I'm working on.  So to fix that I try to incorporate a little sweets into my diet even when I'm trying to eat healthy so that I don't binge eat later...learned that the hard way :)

In browsing for some sweet treats to make I came across these peanut butter chocolate apple bites. They had me at peanut, so I just had to make them. They are so delicious and hit the spot. Take my advice and make sure you have all these ingredients in your pantry at all times so you will always have a healthy alternative for your sugar cravings.


Peanut Butter and Chocolate Apple Bites
makes 16 wedges 
PREP: 5 minutes           COOK: 30 seconds            READY IN: 6 minutes


  SIMPLE         HEALTHY      YUM
pic name       pic name      pic name

INGREDIENTS


  • 2 apples, cored and cut into wedges
  • 1/4 cup low fat peanut butter
  • 1/8 cup rolled oats or granola of your choice
  • 2 tablespoons semi sweet or dark chocolate, melted (optional)

DIRECTIONS


  1. Core and cut apples in to 8 wedges each. 
  2. Cover each apple with a small amount of peanut butter.
  3. Top with oats or granola then drizzle with small amount of chocolate. 

NUTRITION FACTS



    1 wedge  43 calories  3g fat   5g carbs    1g protein    2g sugar   

Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.thecomfortofcooking.com

No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...